Due to our ongoing growth, the increase in demand for our digital label print solutions and our future plans we are looking for a Rewind Operator to join our busy print production team.
Responsible for the operation of the Rewind machines to slit and finish printed reels as well as taking finished reels issued from stock and rewinding them to required customer spec in desired quantities to tight deadlines within a structured ISO quality and BRC environment.
Working under the direction of Print Operations Management:
- Obtaining and reviewing Works Order package documentation and components with a view to ensuring clarity and correctness of instructions as well as package item availability.
- Planning and organising work in terms of priorities and work schedule set by Print Operations Management.
- Preparing jobs for slitting and finishing or Rewinding by loading required material into the press.
When Slitting and Finishing
- Making ready the job by adjusting slitting knives to ensure the finished reel conforms to the specification.
- Carrying out a quality check to ensure labels are within specification prior to commencing slitting and finishing.
- Carrying quality checks as the labels are slit and finished removing any out of spec product.
- Ensuring that labels are wound in a defined order, quantity, core diameter, blank lead-in, to customer spec.
- Set up and apply inkjet numbering where required.
- Completion of all required Quality tests and records (Including camera inspection).
- Application of appropriate core labels.
- Carry out Daily and Periodic routine press maintenance.
- Troubleshoot press problems and carry out basic machine repairs and renewals.
- Liaising with other departments as and when required.
- Bringing any discrepancies to the attention of Print Operations Management.
- Awareness and compliance with relevant Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
You will thrive on working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to tight deadlines and have excellent attention to detail. Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate Rewind experience in a label print environment. Please note that this role may include shift working including nights.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for this position, please confirm their application in writing to Dave Medcalf! firstname.lastname@example.org