Springfield Christmas Special – Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year from all of the team here at Springfield Solutions! To all of our clients, friends and family, we have really appreciated your support this year and would like to present a special Christmas message in the video above.
Around the World
As we are coming to the end of the year, we take a look back on what has been a whirlwind year. We have been travelling around the world attending some of the largest expo's and conferences in the packaging and print industry!
We have shared insights and gained many invaluable one's too. As the year draws to a close, we look at some of the adventures we have been on through the year including:
Labelexpo Europe - Labelexpo Europe is the world's largest event for the label and package printing industry. It is held every 2 years in Brussels, below are some of our key findings.
- Label Embellishments are going to be the next trend in the packaging industry. Everywhere we went, we noticed a huge focus on this exciting development.
- Inkjet digital print machine manufacturers are focussing on machinery with increased speeds. Speed is dominating consumer behaviour and manufacturers have to adapt to this.
SXSW - SXSW (or South by South West) is an annual conglomerate of film, interactive media, and music festivals and conferences that take place in mid-March in Austin, Texas.
- Your customers are your most powerful marketers. Learn from them and develop solutions to make their lives easier. If you do this, they will champion your brand.
- Understanding human behaviour can be a powerful ally when devising any campaign. Take some time to understand these behaviours it will guide and help you when making those key decisions on advertising and marketing budgets.
- Brands and products need to be aware and ready for the changing landscapes of consumer behaviours in relation to technology. XR, audio commerce and how they purchase products.
BAMA Innovation Day - BAMA Innovation Day is the main gathering event for the aerosol industry in the UK. The Innovation Day has over 140 industry delegates attending, outstanding speaker presentations and a good number of stands to provide attendees with answers to technical enquiries, practical demonstrations and new business opportunities. This year it was held at the Royal Armouries in Leeds, Yorkshire.
- The desire for SASO® was clear for all to see. The innovation day was the official launch of SASO® to the aerosol industry and we received significant interest from global brands and organisations.
- Innovation is a key driver for the aerosol industry in the UK. Not just with packaging, also with machinery that supports the development of this packaging.
Packaging Innovations - Packaging Innovations is the UK’s leading packaging trade show held every year in Birmingham and London.
- The main topic across the industry is composability and the need to better re-cycle our packaging downstream.
- We believe the best route would be single or mono plastics but we cannot completely wipe out plastics as this gives us longer shelf life on products.
- With regards to design, the major observation from this expo was less is more, keep the print and packaging simple.
- Packaging is being stripped down to the basics and now consumers are prepared to pay a little extra knowing it is more environmentally friendly.
Dutch Design Week - The most prominent design event in Northern Europe presents work and ideas of more than 2600 designers to more than 350,000 visitors from around the world.
- Sustainability was at the forefront of this conference. There were 2 key phrases dominating the design landscape:
1. If not now, when?
2. If not us, who?
- These two phrases will be significant for the packaging industry in 2020.
Automechanika - Automechanika Birmingham features the leading brands and senior professionals from the automotive aftermarket and vehicle production sectors for three days of networking and education.
- Here we noticed a significant change to packaging trends. Companies are going back to basics with regards to ‘less is more’ type packaging.
- There is a rise of the smart label technology in the automotive industry. This allows consumers to be educated about their product
- Bold and bright colours are being used on packaging to get the attention of the purchaser unlike other markets such as BWS and Food that are more reserved.
Growing Online Profile
As we have been touring across the world, meeting lots of incredible individuals and organisations, our profile has continued to grow. With this has come increased attention online, so we have made an active effort to engage with this growing online audience.
Creating more insightful content for you, our new and old friends, brings a certain pressure to perform! Because of this, we've made a mishap or two throughout the year! Check out some of the outtakes from the video above!
Looking Forward To 2020
Firstly, we have our first overseas exhibition in Paris – ADF 2020 from the 29th – 30th January. ADF is the world’s leading event for aerosol technology. We look forward to showcasing SASO® to prospective clients and discussing this innovation with the industry.
Shortly after the exhibition, we will be announcing a very exciting, new and game changing development at Springfield. This development will turn the heads of brand marketers and disrupt traditional and existing markets! As always, we look forward to another year of innovation in 2020 at Springfield and once again wish you all a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.