We’re Hiring! I.T. Infrastructure Technician
Due to continued expansion, Springfield Solutions are looking to expand our I.T. Solutions Team with a trainee I.T. Infrastructure Technician to develop their skills and knowledge in I.T. Systems Administration and Infrastructure.
The primary role of the individual will consist of assisting with:
- The installation and configuration of I.T. infrastructure.
- Installing new software releases and carrying out system upgrades on Windows and Apple Macintosh computers used within the business.
- System backups and recovery of data as required.
- Monitoring Windows servers and networking performance.
- Managing communications (telephone and mobile) within the business.
- Any other I.T. duties deemed appropriate as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for I.T., particularly in the infrastructure and support fields.
- Possess basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the I.T. field.
- Be familiar with following instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the basic functions of the job.
- Be able to build up relationships while working independently and as part of a team.
- Have a first-class work ethic and demonstrable customer service skills underpinned by professional oral and written communication required for dealing with a diverse group of internal staff.
- Possess strong analytical skills, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and be able to work in stressful situations.
- Be available to work flexible hours.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will preferably have 5 GCSE’s above grade C (above new level 4) or equivalent, including Maths and English. Internal and/or external training may be provided as required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to HR@SpringfieldSolutions.co.uk explaining your suitability for the job post. Along with no more than 1 page describing why you want to be an I.T. Technician trainee and an explanation of something you have done personally or for work that demonstrates your passion for IT.
Alternatively, you can send your application via post to David Medcalf, Human Resources Manager, Springfield Solutions Ltd, Thomas Street, Hull, HU9 1EH.