We’re Hiring! Rewind Operator
Due to increased demand for our services and in-line with our growth strategy in new and existing market sectors, we have a position available within our Print Operations Team in the role of Rewind Operator.
Reporting to Print Operations Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of our Rewind machines.
This includes the slitting and finishing of printed reels, as well as taking finished reels issued from stock and rewinding them to the required customer specifications. All of this will be completed to tight deadlines within a structured ISO 9001, 14001 and BRC environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully trained with experience and in-depth knowledge of slitting and rewinding reel-fed printed products
- Possess knowledge of conventional and digital print production methods
- Possess the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Have basic computer skills
- Have an accurate attention to detail
- Be able to understand and work to ISO 9001, 14001 and BRC procedures and standards
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Possess the right to work in the U.K.
The main responsibilities and tasks in this role includes:
- Obtaining and reviewing works order package documentation and components with a view to ensuring clarity and correctness of instructions as well as package item availability
- Planning and organising work in terms of priorities and work schedule set by Print Operations Management
- Preparing jobs for slitting and finishing or rewinding by loading required material into the press
When slitting and finishing:
- Making ready the job by adjusting slitting knives to ensure the finished reel conforms to specification
- Carrying out a quality check to ensure labels are within specification prior to commencing slitting and finishing
- Carrying out quality checks as the labels are slit and finished, removing any out of spec product
- Ensuring that labels are wound in defined order, quantity, core diameter, blank lead in and to consumer spec
- The set up and use of camera inspection equipment
- The completion of all required quality tests and records
- Application of appropriate core and outer reel ID labels
- Carrying out daily and periodic routine press maintainence
- Troubleshoot press problems and carry out basic machine repairs and renewals
- Liaising with other departments as and when required
- Bringing any discrepancies to the attention of Print Operations Management
- Awareness and compliance with relevant certificated system procedures and world instructions
If you want to become a part of the Springfield Team and be considered for this position, please confirm your application in writing with you CV detailing relevant experience to Dave Medcalf at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8th November 2023.